Friday, January 06, 2006

The Last Day Effect.

Note: this post was written the old fashioned way, with a
pen and paper, while at my work and then typed when I returned home.
As I write this I am sitting at my desk in work in what feels like the seventh hour of my 5 – 10pm shift for the Inland Revenue.

Now before your eyes roll to the ceiling and you let out a sigh, rest assured that I am not going back to my old “I hate my job posts”. In fact this job is not usually as laborious as it is on this particular shift, it just so happens that this night is one of my colleagues last nights.

Surly I am not the only person to have witnessed the effects of the Last Day Effect? All of us at one time or another must surely have been infected by the radioactive lethargy which exudes from that person who sits next to, if front of, behind or to the side of you who is soon to vacate their position.

Last dayers should be isolated from the general population so as to contain the effect. Anyone who experiences it knows for a certainty that Einstein’s Theory of Relativity is no theory as the minutes crawl by and those caught within the radius of the cloud suffer a complete withdrawal of… of… can’t think of the words! I’m too far gone! My brain cells have yielded to the power of LDE. My vocabulary is getting worserer by second … me…no…can…more…thunk…uhg!

No comments: