Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Little Gift

I just received this little gift from my wife. Every morning, after having to drag me out of bed, she tends to our son, feeds our cats, and makes me a coffee before going of to work for 9 hours.

I was ill last night, loaded with the cold, so when I woke up this morning I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. My wife asked me many times how I was feeling and bought me medicine, something which I perceived as her telling me that I had to be okay, that I had to be all better because there was nobody else that could look after our son. I snapped and said that if were her that was sick then she could take a day off and why shouldn't I get to have a sick day. She told me that what I had was a cold and just to get on with it. I did not take that very well and said some nasty things. Things I did not and do not mean.

It's afternoon now and I more or less am feeling back to 100%. I would not have needed a day off, and even if I had still been feeling sick, I would have been able to look after our son until it was time for him to go to nursary.

I don't deserve this little gift. I don't deserve my wife. I don't deserve her care, or kindness, or love. Thank you for your love. Thank you for your care. And thank you for occasionally pushing me when I need to be pushed.

Thank you for my gift.

No comments: