Thursday, June 19, 2014

Hate/Apathy

While Michelle and I walking down Sauchiehall St. earlier there was an Asian girl and her boyfriend walking ahead of us, and a trashy looking girl and her friend ahead of us. We couldn’t believe our eyes as the trashy girl, completely unprovoked and without warning, reached forward and struck the Asian girl in the face.

Never once did it occur to me that the attack was racially motivated. Not to sound too much like a douchy liberal or anything, but I didn't even notice the girl was Asian, not until I heard her, that platinum blond piece of shit.
"You're not even supposed be here!"
You're not even supposed to be here? I couldn't believe it. I can't believe it. What could possibly possess a girl (or anyone) to just randomly attack someone? And to do it because the person is different from you? It was so odd, so unreal. It was disgusting.

Thing escalated when, understandably, the couple where shouting at the girl, mostly just asking: Why? When the trashy girl started attacking again Michelle and I were snapped out of our initial shock and called the police. Five minutes passed and the trashy girl started walking away after having continued to try and attack the couple several more times. I called the police back, gave a description of the blond and her friend and was assured that someone was on the way. We were in the area for maybe a further five to ten minutes but nobody came. We then walked in the same direction in which the girl had fled and still nothing. Not only did no officers respond, but there was absolutely no police presence on Sauchiehall St. or Buchannan St.

In the end I have to say that, as much as I was disgusted by the attack, my feelings about the police response are close to equal.

No comments: