Monday, December 06, 2010

Standstill

At least 8 inches of snow has fallen today in East Kilbride and the wold has come to a stop. The heating in my work broke and so the building was closed. Then the schools closed. Then the Town Centre closed.

I went to the shops to get cold medicine for Nathan. The paths were so deep that I had to walk down the main road and I had to push three cars to get them moving-
Hold on a minute-
Sorry, I had to run out and push another car there.

Where was I, oh yeah... Snow.

My brother is stranded in Eastwood Toll. My aunt (sorry Eileen) has been stranded in Bellshill since before 9am and hasn't been heard of for over five hours now. My Father-in-Law, a bus driver, had to stop in the middle of his route and ask the passengers to get off, he too is (you guessed it) stranded. Twitter and The Facebook tell different variations of the same stories.

On the other hand, the views are spectacular.

No comments: