Thursday, November 25, 2004

And so... The Sleepless Night

I mentioned in my first post (The First) that I was having problems working out plot points on my scripts and that the idea would come to me in the next few days round about 1 - 3am.

It was actual closer to 12:30am.

I had just watched Open Range, a great western movie, and had woke Michelle (who had fell asleeep in my favorite place; cuddling into my chest on the couch.) to get her to go to bed and had planned to follow after turning off the lights. However this was not the case.

As I always do after watching a well written film or TV program or reading a good book, I felt inspired. I was confident that I could work out the majority of my plot points and be in bed by about 1ish.

At around 3ish, after having resolved very little and spending more money than I already have this week (at least it was on Christmas gifts) I thought it was time to call it a day... night... morning...whatever. So now I've got roughly three and a half hours of sleep to look forward to as I go into bed. But, it doesn't end there.

See what I didn't mention was that I am at my best in the wee hours of the morning. My constantly buzzing brain won't shut up for a second after the clock hits 1.

It's now closer to 4am because I've fiddled about with my phone and this and that and the other thing too (no not that! Sick bastards!) and I start trying to talk to Michelle, Michelle who is asleep, not a little asleep either, fully Van Winkled. I soon give that up and stant thinking about the last few gifts I've to buy, the possibly lucrative opportunity that is coming up (I can't say) and of course: the bloody scripts.

This morning I'm sitting here with my usual thumb twiddling duties to perform, I've nearly fell asleep twice and because I got out of bed at 7:50am (I start at 8:30) and had no time to get a lunch together, I have a piss poor Muller Rice to give my aching hunger the heave bloody ho!

Still... I might make more progress tonight...

No comments: