Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Expressing Our Anger At Optical Retailer

Please read the letter I have ghost written for Michelle for details on how were shafted by a major retail Opticians. I have omited the name of the opticain for I fear I might be sued (like that many people read this - but I read about a similar incident in the paper).

Dear Sir or Madam:

Sometime during the month of February 2004 I was administered an eye test in your store and given a prescription of 0.2505 in my right eye and 0.7505 in my left eye. I then purchased Merino glasses along with another set with tinted lenses for which I paid the sum of £209.

I the last few months I have been experiencing headaches and loss of focus in my vision. I naturally assumed that I might require a new prescription and so visited another retail optician for an eye test. The results of this test showed that I do not require and should never have been prescribed glasses in the first place.

I also contacted my doctor regarding my headaches and loss of focus and I was advised that it was possible both ailments were caused by wearing the glasses that ******* ******* provided me.

At the time of purchasing the glasses I was prescribed by ******* ******* I had recently bought a new flat and was trying to overcome debt from the Christmas period and therefore would not have such a pricey purchase unless I believed it were necessary.

At this time I am now left with a £209 pair of glasses which I do not need and still suffering from loss of focus and headaches from wearing an incorrect prescription that I was given by ******* *******. I demand that action be taken on this matter in order to compensate the waste of my time, money and the damage to health.

I would appreciate a swift response on this issue.

Sincerely,


Michelle Dowling

1 comment:

CSAmbrose said...

indeed it is.