Monday, April 11, 2005

Full Lid

As I write this I am acutely aware that I have to make this entry much more interesting that my previous lacklustre post, thankfully I had a busy weekend so it shouldn’t be too hard.

When I woke up on Saturday morning at around 8am, my phone rang almost immediately. It was Jim, with whom I had made arrangements to join on a quest to a building site at Leavendale to ‘liberate’ a hand towel style radiator. Unfortunately an hour later we discovered that Jim’s man on the inside had failed to leave the ‘merchandise’ at the agreed place and we were going home empty handed.

Almost as soon as I got home I was back out again to go to Asda for the ‘big shop’ with my mum – on which I spent about £70 on the biggest pile of crap you could fill a giant fridge freezer with.

Back from Asda, I had half an hours rest before meeting Dave at the bookies to waste my money on a host of losers in the Grand National Even more upsetting than the loss was the fact that I upped my bets from previous years having picked the winner three years in a row.

While at the bookies I had got a text from Stuart inviting me up to Mark’s (not Sparkie) for some X-Box. I wasn’t too sure where Mark lived so I arranged to meet Stoo up at the water tower at Greenhills. While I was waiting I saw a girl getting into a car looking over, she was wearing a hood though so couldn’t see who it was at the time – turned out it was Maxine, Jim’s finance who was coming out of her mum and dad’s – small world.

Michelle and I were going for dinner that night at 8 o’clock so when I realised half way through a game of Halo that it was 7:25 – I was fairly certain I’d be getting’ ma baws toed off Michelle. I phoned a taxi and was down the road for twenty-five minutes to 8 and ready in a record 3 minutes flat which left me waiting until quarter to 8 until Michelle, who had been home for an hour, finished getting ready.

Dinner was okay, the meal was nice, but it was slightly spoiled by the ‘Bamtastic’ couples beside us, one of whom at one point suggested to his girl friend near the end of the night that they ‘get a wee gram of coke and head down to Centre Point’. Classy you’ll agree.

When we got home – there was an amusing conversation with my drunken parents (well at least my dad was – not sure about my mum) but as I have written close to 500 words at this point I feel I should wind this post up.

I also have Sunday to talk about but if I’m being honest there’s not too much to report except Michelle and I being shafted out of just shy of £200 by a major retail opticians. Trust me – you’ll hear all about it.

No comments: