Tuesday, October 04, 2005

IKEAthon

After getting home from Kenny and Claire’s housewarming at 12:30 on Saturday night I have to say that I wish I had stayed for a couple of more hours. My thinking at the time was that I was going to Ikea the on Sunday and that it would probably be a hard day, what with shopping for the furniture, then the building of the furniture. Wide awake and at home early on a Saturday I though at the time I must have been crazy to leave the party – as it turns out though I was right.

Stuart and Laura, our kindly chaperons, picked us up to go just after 1pm. We got back just before 8pm. How in the hell we spent over five hours in the one shop I’ll never know. Not that I wasn’t as much to blame as anybody. There wasn’t a model kitchen, bathroom, study, bedroom or even utility room that we didn’t look at or a product that we didn’t at least look at once and even at that our duration still baffles me.

I’m aware that this sound like a moan and that I’m making out it was a terrible day – that wasn’t the case at all I was just shocked at the time frame in which it took place! In fact I only have two complaints about the day at all. Firstly, and I suppose not so bad, is that we forgot to get a towel rail – I know “so what” but it’s annoying to forget little things. The second moan I have concens the fact that half way though the day, while stopping for a bite to eat, I got a pain in… let just say a delicate area, and that said pain did not subside until later that night.

So got a new footstool/chest, a huge bathroom cabinet, cushions for the seat which I am sitting on as I type, bed side lamps, shelving for the bedroom and a whole mess of other crap which somehow came up to a fairly substantial amount. Well the plan was to do the house up… so I guess this is what it takes to get it done.

No comments: