Saturday, October 01, 2005

Worst Uncle EVER

Today is my niece Anna’s 4th Birthday.

Since she lives down south I ordered, as per my sisters suggestion, Dora the Explorer - Leapster Software (I believe Leapster is a sort of preschool Gameboy with educational virtues) for her from Amazon. As I ordered it on Wednesday I was fairly confident that the gift, wrapped and with message, would surely reach my sisters door either on Friday or better still today. It did not.

Worse still is that yesterday, I saw this package as my saving grace. Arriving home in the late afternoon after being in Glasgow I near immediately watched the season premier of Smallville Season 5 and following that was visited by Jim. At 16:30 dressed in joggies and an old t-shirt I realised that I had forgot to pick up a card, and with the post pick up at 17:00 I knew that there was no time to get one.

Although I’m sure Anna won’t care, she’ll be surrounded with cards and gifts, I feel I’ve let her down. After all though the cards and gifts she will receive today will be plentiful, they will be sent by a multitude of people including my parent friends as well as my sister and brother-in-law’s. These people are virtual strangers to Anna but managed the simple and swift task that I failed.

No comments: