Monday, February 21, 2005

Collateral Damage?

Ever have one of those mornings when you look at the clock but the time doesn’t register in your brain? It’s like you glance over at the clock and see its 7:50 (I start at 8:30) but your brain only sees the seven? Your brain says ‘its okay it’s still only seven-ish, have another half hour!J’

Strolling in at about 8:55 I never felt the guilt I expected though, due to the fact that the woman who works alongside me was sauntering in behind me. As I saw her I was a little surprised as this was still early for her, who usually never crosses the door until usually 9:15. Any unease I had ebbed away as I remembered her daily ease at being late and knew that she had not pieced together all the coins she could find to get into work as soon as possible that morning.

Still… maybe I shouldn’t have started watching Collateral at half twelve last night?

1 comment:

CSAmbrose said...

TWO SPITS! Surely a bit harsh, no?