Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The Long Good Friday

No bombs went off, don’t worry, but I thought I’d nick the title of the British gangster classic rather than name my post a mundane ‘Long Weekend’

Went on town on Friday during the day and I annoyingly can’t remember what I did that night – probably nothing.

Crystals with Laura and Stoo was Saturday night, which was great – it was a good atmosphere after the Scotland game and Stuarts dancing kept us (and I’m sure others) greatly amused. First time I’ve been out since Halloween so I’m glad it was a good night. Weirdly though, we were amongst the youngest people in there rather than being surrounded by the usual gaggle of 16 year olds.

Went to my ‘aunt’s’ for dinner on Sunday and got to see my wee cousins for the first time in ages. I say ‘aunt’ because despite being my mothers sibling she grew up with my brother and sister and I tend to think of her as equal to them – a sister.

On Monday I got up early and went to work, gutted that the rest of you sons of bitches were still snoring. However when I got into the office and did a bit of this and a bit of that, it was decided that we were too quiet and sent up the road for 1 o’clock. Have to admit I kind of wasted my extra time and did nothing in the afternoon but at least Michelle and I with Stuart and Laura got something to eat at Shenanigans then went to see Hitch (wait for the video) that night.
I apologise this post doesn’t have my usual flair but I don’t seem to get in the writing mind set this morning – must be because I’m back at work

No comments: