Monday, March 07, 2005

The Plan

After watching the highly entertaining and illegally obtained ‘Ray’ with Jamie Foxx, Michelle and I lay in bed and talked last night. We talked from half past midnight until three in the morning about the course our lives have taken and where we would like them to go from here on out. When all was said and done we had the plan.

Michelle’s plan seems to be a simple and highly obtainable goal to reach compared to my own, and I hope that’s how it turns out like that. Basically the plan is to first learn to drive and then get a job as a rep/trainer for a hair company. She has all the necessary qualification, skills and talent to be employed in the job save for the driving, and so as I said, it should be relatively easy with the right attitude and appropriate amount of determination.

This change in career would mean more money, not having to work with the public and, perhaps most importantly, less exposure to the chemicals that irritates and burns her skin.

My own plan, as I alluded to in my earlier paragraph, is a little more complicated. First off I plan to take an HNC in communication in night classes over the next two years, the money will be tight for this with the approach of the wedding, but I may be able to gain some kind of grant to help us out. Following my course, which I will pass with the highest merit, I will take a job with the EK News, and with my first story expose the negligence of the police force which allows semi open drug use and regular violent riots and attacks in the Westwood Square and in particular the Westwood Bar. Following this explosive exclusive article I will of course be head hunted by a major news paper, e.g. The Herald, where I will work for the next decade or so. While gaining journalistic experience as well as life experience I will be working on my first novel, a sure fire worldwide bestseller which will make me rich beyond my wildest dreams.

So there it is. As I said, it may be slightly complicated, but I’m sure I’ll be able to pull it off. Don’t you think so?

No comments: