Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Retro

My title seems apt to describe a recurring theme from the last few days. I suppose first off it was it Dave lending me his ‘Rocky: Legends’ game, nothing fails to bring back 80’s nostalgia like the Rocky theme tune I think we can all agree on this.

Next up was playing Street Fighter II at Stuart’s on Saturday night on the X-Box, rather than on the SNES as it is meant to be played, but still, there nothing quite like a tiger uppercut, or better yet a fire ball.

Scant hours after rediscovering the joys of a Dragon Punch I fond myself with a Sega Master System control pad in my hands, rediscovering how much I suck ass at Micro Machines.

I had taken my X–Box to Stoo’s on Saturday is the hopes that we would do a system like Halo battle with many participants, but given that the ‘many’ turned out to be three people including myself the proposed link never happened. None the less I couldn’t be arsed carrying the massive console back home at 3am on Saturday night. This decision caused me quite the dilemma the next day when, as I often do, I got the urge to ruthlessly shoot and kill lots of people.

After I gave up on my underworld contacts providing me with a Glock 17 9mm fixed sights hand gun, I took down my dust caked N64 and played a bit of classic Golden Eye, in my opinion the greatest FPS ever devised. I soon found that my deadly accurate aim was still intact despite years of neglect and my urge for loud and violent noises was satisfied… for a while…

The final retro incident occurred someone in between all this when instead of thinking about writing my Scripts I actually wrote one, an event unheard of for many a month. As always I hope I keep it up but who knows…

Wow this is late even for me!

No comments: