Thursday, December 23, 2004

Shits and Giggles

Michelle and I arrived at Laura and Stoo's yesterday to give her a surprise celebration of her birthday. Stuart had told us to be there at 8:30, which we were, but no one else was.

We had lazily got a taxi to the flat, and when walking to the door I had seen Stoo's head pop out the balcony door but wasn't sure he'd seen us so Michelle rung the buzzer. As soon as she did it she realised that the front door was on the latch. We went inside with the intention of going into the flat only to have Stuart pop out the door and signal for us to wait. As we stood at the door we could hear Laura ask who was at the door and if he'd got it. Stuart replied,

'Oh it probably just people, just, you know having shits and giggles or something.'

To my astonishment Laura seemed to swallow this, the worst excuse I had ever herd in my life, and Stuart soon appeared holding a bin bag.

Laura must have believed that the bin sheds were roughly half a mile away because, in the course of 'taking the bin out', Stoo spoke to us at length and phoned two people who he also spoke to at length and finally returned to the flat

Despite the late comers and Stoo's multiple excuses for going outside, Laura was suitably and pleasantly surprised by everyone's arrival and a good night was had by all.

On a separate note I realised for the first time as I sat between them that Stuarts two best friends are named Mark and Dave. I just thought it was a strange coincidence...

No comments: