Friday, December 10, 2004

Three Weeks in '98: Hyper - Sleep

I keep thinking about a party I had back when I was still in school. My parents were away for 3 weeks and this was the first night of their holiday. There were at least forty of my friends there, not forty people, forty friends and it was the best party any of them have ever had and the start of three weeks of some of, to quote Brian Adams, the best days of my life. It's over 5 years later and people still talk about it and the stories that came from it only get funnier in time.

I'm not about to tell you all about it because I don't have that kind of time but I will from time to time write about some of those stories like I'm just about to.

I had got up at 6am that morning to see my parents away and had been at an Ocean Colour Scene concert the night before so by about midnightish on the night of the party I was pretty tired. Instead of getting everyone to leave I just cleared my room and went to bed for a few hours, I trusted everyone enough and at least three my guests completely to not worry about the house or anything else.

I think about an hour after I was asleep a girl I knew call Nikki came in and gently asked if I was okay and whether I was getting up. I told her not yet and she quietly slipped away. A little later another of my friends came in and lay on the bed, which woke me up. Like Nikki she asked if I was okay and whether i wanted anything. Again I said no and drifted off. More time goes by and I feel someone lying beside me again so I turn to see who it is. It's my mate Johnny. Now I should explain at this point that Johnny is always happy and, more importantly, always hyper. This is how I was woken from my deep and gently broken slumber:-

'ALL RIGHT AMBROSE HOW'S IT GOING? WHAT'S HAPPENING? WHAT'S GOIN' ON?...You sleeping?'

Admittedly, I think this is more of an audio story which is funnier when told, but I was thinking of it so I told it. It's most likely the most low key of the 'Three weeks in '98' stories but i thought it was a good introduction to the over all background of what will soon be a chronicle of those twenty-one days.

Three weeks in '98 will continue in 'Toothpaste Fury'. Coming Soon...

2 comments:

CSAmbrose said...

As I said, it's a funnier story when I tell it. It was just how I was compleatly asleep but he was all hyper and talking like we just bumbed into each other somewhere... It really is funny when told...

CSAmbrose said...

Keltik?