Monday, January 10, 2005

2032.

So it’s official. I hate my job.

As I sit here and do nothing because the tasks at hand are so menial that they border on demeaning, I’ve come to this firm conclusion.

How did I get here? I liked my last job, I did things in my last job, I felt vital, so I’m wondering how I am able to do the ‘same’ job here and feel this way about it. The answer is that most of the tasks that made me feel vital before have been eliminated due to this new businesses independence (I’m not going into the ins and outs of it all).

So I’ve decided to go back to collage and then on to Strathclyde University to gain a BA/BA Honours Degree in Journalism and Creative Writing.

All I have to do before I can start on my new path is make enough money for the fees, get married, and pay off the mortgage. Yep, by the time I’m around 55 years old, assuming I have no kids and that my salary advances at an acceptable rate over the years, I’ll be on my way!

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

CSAmbrose said...

That's what I'm doing! I've planned the next 32 years of my life, probobly the next 38 years if you include the courses. Do YOU know what you're doing for the nexy 38 years?

CSAmbrose said...

*sigh* I saw that coming.