Monday, January 31, 2005

Uhhh... Hi...

Don’t you hate it when someone says hello to you and you don’t recognise them?

On the bus this morning I sat on the seats that face each other and the girl across from me glanced up and did a kind of double take and then gave me that kind nod/look ‘hello’. Now to be polite, I sort of smiled ‘hello’ back but I think it was pretty plain on my face that I had no clue who she was.

So what can you do to find out? Can’t start talking, maybe we’ve never spoke, just used to work together or go to school together. Plus, what you going to say to a stranger who knows you? You could have a good look at the persons face but ‘good look’ is just a descriptive for ‘stare’, and all of a sudden this person who knows you but you don’t know is saying ‘that guys a freak! He was staring at me on the bus!’

Now that I’ve had time to think, I think it was a girl I went out with. It’s been like five maybe six years since I seen her last and she didn’t wear glasses like bus girl (the Clark Kent method proved sound) pretty sure she was meant to though.

At least she didn’t speak to me. That’s much worse. You have to be like ‘where you working now?’ and ‘I haven’t seen you for ages’ in hopes that they let slip some clue to their identity and hope they don’t realise you don’t remember them. Nightmare.

No comments: