Friday, January 21, 2005

Morning?...

As usual I was fifteen minutes late for work today, as I have been for the vast majority of my current employment. Now usually no one gives a shit, which is not to say that I don’t try to get in on time, but to say that there is not exactly pressure on me to do so.

So I come in and say good morning to the three people at my table, respectively the Procurement Officer, The Construction Manager and The Construction Director; Kenny. No one replies for a minute or even looks at me, and then Kenny says,
Morning? It’s nearly afternoon.
I know Kenny pretty well, he was my boss in my old job too, and at times he can have a deadpan sense of humour. This was not, as near as I could tell, one of these times.

I think I better try harder to come in; otherwise I may be the reclusive comic book writer I always wanted to be sooner than I thought.

No comments: