Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Modified X-Box Error

If this is my last Blog it’ll be because Bill Gates has sent his goons for me.

As I had mentioned before, Stoo gave me all the necessary equipment to go on to X-Box Live and play Halo 2 online (Halo 2 was provided by Dave). So I set up the modem and turn on the X-Box.

UNABLE TO CONNECT

I hadn’t turned the modem on! Doh! So I do that and it comes up:-

UNABLE TO CONNECT

Huh? I can’t understand it, so I click on the ‘Troubleshoot’ option and it goes through all the connections to check them. They're all fine. And then my blood runs cold.

MODIFIED X-BOX ERROR

I quickly disconnect the Modem.

See what I probably should have mentioned was that I had my X-Box chipped a few months ago. If your not familiar with the term ‘chipped’, put another way, it means that I have had my X-Box illegally modified to play illegally copied games (I really hope the police don’t read this).

To cut a long story short I phoned Stuart to find out what this meant and he told me that I had been banned from X-Box Live. Permanently (with that X-Box at least).

It’s a bit a bastard but if I was being honest then I have to admit that I think my ban is fair enough, after all I am screwing Bill out of money (like he needs my pitiful contributions) and at the end of the day I’d rather get the cheap games.

Sorry Stuart I know you wanted a Live buddy but Mark’s getting an X-Box so hopefully you won’t have to wait too long.

No comments: